I was checking out the first of thousands of photos from my iPhoto library so that I could add some color

to this blog (something more than these dry words for those of you still reading this site) when I realized what time capsules photographs really are. Time only flies faster when we wish we had more of it left in our day to day and these photographs have managed to hold the vividness of those passing moments like paper capsules of time.
Seeing photographs of just 3 years ago (when Kai was just cheeks and baby blub)

remind me both of what we have now and what we won't have again. Whether its the various stages of childhood

, a home under construction, or rare expressions on faces you'll be lucky to capture again, it can be an emotional experience flipping through pictures from even just a couple years back. I found myself becoming very pensive and reflective over the last couple of weeks and I think a lot of it has to do with having to write this dissertation. It may seem like being forced to sit and contemplate scientific data would not leave much room for reflecting on the changing colors of life but its the opposite. This very act of having to stop all physical work is what suddenly leaves plenty of room in your mind for reflections to come rushing in. The challenge is trying to brush those thoughts aside in order to focus on the science. And I definitely need that focus. I learned on Friday that my estimated date of completion has been pushed back to late July. I'm aiming for mid-July...part of earning a PhD is proving your mentor wrong.
Enjoy the photos, I'll try my best to keep them up.
1 comment:
Hey Chicklet. I'm diggin this blog.
I can relate to the wiper fluid freezing. Fortunately, mine clogged permanently so I now have a scraper..scrape..scrape...but then I have to deal with my windshied fogging up and that's hazardous driving! I'm so glad winter is almost over. really, I wanna wear my open toe shoes again and no more scraping the windshield!
What can I say? me likes northern cali !!! though if I had a choose another international home-hub, I'd pick Auckland.
Post a Comment